After months of work, Frankenstein has just opened to great reviews at the National Theatre. I’ve been working with amazing electro duo Underworld (Rick Smith and Karl Hyde) as well as grammy award winning mix engineer Simon Gogerly on the music and sound to the show directed by Danny Boyle. Watch out for the live cinema broadcasts on 17th and 24th March.
Alex Baranowski is a Tony nominated composer and arranger based in Central London.
His diverse work in film, theatre and music has recently led him to collaborate with The xx, the BBC Philharmonic Orchestra, violinist Daniel Hope, and composing for twice BAFTA nominated feature film "McCullin" (for which he won a Music + Sound International Award for Best Feature Film Score at Cannes).
For theatre he has composed for productions at the National Theatre's Olivier, Cottesloe and Lyttelton stages as well as for the West End, Broadway, Royal Court, Donmar, Sheffield Crucible, RSC, Old Vic Tunnels and the Royal Opera House ... working with directors including Michael Grandage, Danny Boyle, Lyndsey Turner, Benedict Andrews, Sir Nicholas Hytner, Rupert Goold, Daniel Evans and Jamie Lloyd.
- Advert Arranger Ballet Black BBC BBC Philharmonic Cinema Cinema Trailer Composer Cripple of Inishmaan Dance Documentary Donmar Trafalgar Don McCullin Experimental Film Frankenstein Music Associate Online Orchestra Orchestrator Producer Rankin Sheffield Crucible Sound Design Soundtrack String Arranger Theatre The XX Underworld xx symphony
- “McCullin” wins Best Feature Film Score at Music + Sound International Awards in Cannes
- “Attacking the Devil” wins top Special Jury Prize at Sheffield Documentary Festival
- “A Streetcar Named Desire” at the Young Vic
- “Fathers and Sons” at the Donmar
- Tony Award nomination “Best Sound Design of a Play” for The Cripple of Inishmaan