It’s been an absolute pleasure working with The xx and BBC Philharmonic Orchestra (conducted by Clark Rundell) along with Radio 1 for The xx Symphony in Bridlington, Yorkshire. Thanks for everyone involved who made it happen – an experience I’ll never forget. I’ve posted some more pictures of the event and rehearsals on my blog here. [update] It’s not available to watch on iPlayer any more although there is a low-res version on Youtube which I’ve linked to on my Listen/Watch page. Hopefully a higher resolution video will surface soon!
Alex Baranowski is a Tony nominated composer and arranger based in Central London.
His diverse work in film, theatre and music has recently led him to collaborate with The xx, the BBC Philharmonic Orchestra, violinist Daniel Hope, and composing for twice BAFTA nominated feature film "McCullin" (for which he won a Music + Sound International Award for Best Feature Film Score at Cannes).
For theatre he has composed for productions at the National Theatre's Olivier, Cottesloe and Lyttelton stages as well as for the West End, Broadway, Donmar, Young Vic, Sheffield Crucible, Royal Court, RSC, Shakespeare's Globe and the Royal Opera House ... working with directors including Michael Grandage, Danny Boyle, Lyndsey Turner, Benedict Andrews, Sir Nicholas Hytner, Rupert Goold, Daniel Evans and Jamie Lloyd.
- Advert Arranger A Streetcar Named Desire BBC Cinema Cinema Trailer Composer Cripple of Inishmaan Dance Documentary Don McCullin Experimental Film Frankenstein Jonathan Watkins Kes Music Associate Online Orchestra Orchestrator Producer Rankin Sheffield Crucible Sound Design Soundtrack String Arranger Theatre The XX xx symphony Young Vic
- Greenpeace film ends Lego’s partnership with Shell (after a viral ad)
- 1984 a new ballet choreographed by Jonathan Watkins for Northern Ballet
- “East Is East” with Jane Horrocks at Trafalgar Transformed Season 2
- NT Live Broadcast “A Streetcar Named Desire” to cinemas worldwide
- 4Creative “Stand Up To Cancer” 2 min commercial