It’s been an absolute pleasure working with The xx and BBC Philharmonic Orchestra (conducted by Clark Rundell) along with Radio 1 for The xx Symphony in Bridlington, Yorkshire. Thanks for everyone involved who made it happen – an experience I’ll never forget. I’ve posted some more pictures of the event and rehearsals on my blog here. [update] It’s not available to watch on iPlayer any more although there is a low-res version on Youtube which I’ve linked to on my Listen/Watch page. Hopefully a higher resolution video will surface soon!
Alex Baranowski is a Tony nominated composer and arranger based in Central London.
His diverse work in film, theatre and music has recently led him to collaborate with The xx, the BBC Philharmonic Orchestra, violinist Daniel Hope, and composing for twice BAFTA nominated feature film "McCullin" (for which he won a Music + Sound International Award for Best Feature Film Score at Cannes).
For theatre he has composed for productions at the National Theatre's Olivier, Cottesloe and Lyttelton stages as well as for the West End, Broadway, Donmar, Young Vic, Sheffield Crucible, Royal Court, RSC, Shakespeare's Globe and the Royal Opera House ... working with directors including Michael Grandage, Danny Boyle, Lyndsey Turner, Benedict Andrews, Sir Nicholas Hytner, Rupert Goold, Daniel Evans and Jamie Lloyd.
- Advert Arranger Ballet Black BBC BBC Philharmonic Cinema Cinema Trailer Composer Cripple of Inishmaan Dance Documentary Donmar Trafalgar Don McCullin Experimental Film Frankenstein Music Associate Online Orchestra Orchestrator Producer Rankin Sheffield Crucible Sound Design Soundtrack String Arranger Theatre The XX Underworld xx symphony
- Five Star reviews for “A Streetcar Named Desire” at the Young Vic which will be broadcast to cinemas for NT Live on 16th September 2014
- Daniel Hope’s no1 album “Spheres” to be released on 2LP vinyl by Deutsche Grammophon
- I don’t normally get political, but this got 5 million hits in a week (and also banned from YouTube)
- “McCullin” wins Best Feature Film Score at Music + Sound International Awards in Cannes
- “Attacking the Devil” wins top Special Jury Prize at Sheffield Documentary Festival