Rehearsals have just started for The Dance of Death opening at London’s Trafalgar Studios on the 13th December as part of the Donmar’s Trafalgar season. In a new version of August Strindberg’s play by Conor McPherson, the play is directed by Titas Halder, with the cast including Kevin McNally and Indira Varma. I’m so pleased to be back for the season after last year’s success of the Olivier nominated Salt, Root and Roe (for outstanding achievement in an affiliate theatre).
Alex Baranowski is a Tony nominated composer and arranger based in Central London.
His diverse work in film, theatre and music has recently led him to collaborate with The xx, the BBC Philharmonic Orchestra, violinist Daniel Hope, and composing for twice BAFTA nominated feature film "McCullin" (for which he won a Music + Sound International Award for Best Feature Film Score at Cannes).
For theatre he has composed for productions at the National Theatre's Olivier, Cottesloe and Lyttelton stages as well as for the West End, Broadway, Donmar, Young Vic, Sheffield Crucible, Royal Court, RSC, Shakespeare's Globe and the Royal Opera House ... working with directors including Michael Grandage, Danny Boyle, Lyndsey Turner, Benedict Andrews, Sir Nicholas Hytner, Rupert Goold, Daniel Evans and Jamie Lloyd.
- Advert Arranger Ballet Black BBC BBC Philharmonic Cinema Cinema Trailer Composer Cripple of Inishmaan Dance Documentary Donmar Trafalgar Don McCullin Experimental Film Frankenstein Music Associate Online Orchestra Orchestrator Producer Rankin Sheffield Crucible Sound Design Soundtrack String Arranger Theatre The XX Underworld xx symphony
- Streetcar Named Desire jazz soundtrack released
- Hamlet at Manchester Royal Exchange staring Maxine Peake
- Five Star reviews for “A Streetcar Named Desire” at the Young Vic which will be broadcast to cinemas for NT Live on 16th September 2014
- Daniel Hope’s no1 album “Spheres” to be released on 2LP vinyl by Deutsche Grammophon
- “McCullin” wins Best Feature Film Score at Music + Sound International Awards in Cannes