I’m presently working with Peter Hook (Joy Division, New Order) on arrangements of Joy Division songs for choir (and Peter’s band) to be performed at Manchester Cathedral 15th November as part of a charity gig in aid of Music For Cities. Sold out weeks ago unfortunately, but more information can be found on the charity Facebook Page.
Alex Baranowski is a Tony nominated composer and arranger based in Central London.
His diverse work in film, theatre and music has recently led him to collaborate with The xx, the BBC Philharmonic Orchestra, violinist Daniel Hope, and composing for twice BAFTA nominated feature film "McCullin" (for which he won a Music + Sound International Award for Best Feature Film Score at Cannes).
For theatre he has composed for productions at the National Theatre's Olivier, Cottesloe and Lyttelton stages as well as for the West End, Broadway, Donmar, Young Vic, Sheffield Crucible, Royal Court, RSC, Shakespeare's Globe and the Royal Opera House ... working with directors including Michael Grandage, Danny Boyle, Lyndsey Turner, Benedict Andrews, Sir Nicholas Hytner, Rupert Goold, Daniel Evans and Jamie Lloyd.
- Abbey Road Advert Arranger BBC Cinema Cinema Trailer Composer Cripple of Inishmaan Dance Documentary Don McCullin Experimental Film Frankenstein Jonathan Watkins Lurpak Music Associate Online Orchestra Orchestrator Producer Rankin Sheffield Crucible Sound Design Soundtrack String Arranger Theatre The XX Wieden + Kennedy xx symphony
- Wieden + Kennedy’s “Tesco Christmas” campaign
- Greenpeace film ends Lego’s partnership with Shell (after a viral ad)
- 1984 a new ballet choreographed by Jonathan Watkins for Northern Ballet
- “East Is East” with Jane Horrocks at Trafalgar Transformed Season 2
- NT Live Broadcast “A Streetcar Named Desire” to cinemas worldwide