Rehearsals have just started for The Dance of Death opening at London’s Trafalgar Studios on the 13th December as part of the Donmar’s Trafalgar season. In a new version of August Strindberg’s play by Conor McPherson, the play is directed by Titas Halder, with the cast including Kevin McNally and Indira Varma. I’m so pleased to be back for the season after last year’s success of the Olivier nominated Salt, Root and Roe (for outstanding achievement in an affiliate theatre).
Alex Baranowski is a Tony nominated composer and arranger based in Central London.
His diverse work in film, theatre and music has recently led him to collaborate with The xx, the BBC Philharmonic Orchestra, violinist Daniel Hope, and composing for twice BAFTA nominated feature film "McCullin" (for which he won a Music + Sound International Award for Best Feature Film Score at Cannes).
For theatre he has composed for productions at the National Theatre's Olivier, Cottesloe and Lyttelton stages as well as for the West End, Broadway, Donmar, Young Vic, Sheffield Crucible, Royal Court, RSC, Shakespeare's Globe and the Royal Opera House ... working with directors including Michael Grandage, Danny Boyle, Lyndsey Turner, Benedict Andrews, Sir Nicholas Hytner, Rupert Goold, Daniel Evans and Jamie Lloyd.
- Advert Arranger A Streetcar Named Desire BBC Cinema Cinema Trailer Composer Cripple of Inishmaan Dance Documentary Don McCullin Experimental Film Frankenstein Jonathan Watkins Kes Music Associate Online Orchestra Orchestrator Producer Rankin Sheffield Crucible Sound Design Soundtrack String Arranger Theatre The XX xx symphony Young Vic
- Greenpeace film ends Lego’s partnership with Shell (after a viral ad)
- 1984 a new ballet choreographed by Jonathan Watkins for Northern Ballet
- “East Is East” with Jane Horrocks at Trafalgar Transformed Season 2
- NT Live Broadcast “A Streetcar Named Desire” to cinemas worldwide
- 4Creative “Stand Up To Cancer” 2 min commercial