After months of work, Frankenstein has just opened to great reviews at the National Theatre. I’ve been working with amazing electro duo Underworld (Rick Smith and Karl Hyde) as well as grammy award winning mix engineer Simon Gogerly on the music and sound to the show directed by Danny Boyle. Watch out for the live cinema broadcasts on 17th and 24th March.
Alex Baranowski is a Tony nominated composer and arranger based in Central London.
His diverse work in film, theatre and music has recently led him to collaborate with The xx, the BBC Philharmonic Orchestra, violinist Daniel Hope, and composing for twice BAFTA nominated feature film "McCullin" (for which he won a Music + Sound International Award for Best Feature Film Score at Cannes).
For theatre he has composed for productions at the National Theatre's Olivier, Cottesloe and Lyttelton stages as well as for the West End, Broadway, Donmar, Young Vic, Sheffield Crucible, Royal Court, RSC, Shakespeare's Globe and the Royal Opera House ... working with directors including Michael Grandage, Danny Boyle, Lyndsey Turner, Benedict Andrews, Sir Nicholas Hytner, Rupert Goold, Daniel Evans and Jamie Lloyd.
- Abbey Road Advert Arranger A Streetcar Named Desire BBC Cinema Cinema Trailer Composer Cripple of Inishmaan Dance Documentary Don McCullin Experimental Film Gillian Anderson Jonathan Watkins Kes Online Orchestra Orchestrator Producer Rankin Shakespeare's Globe Sheffield Crucible Sound Design Soundtrack String Arranger Theatre Wieden + Kennedy Young Vic
- Nureyev feature film directed by BAFTA nominated Jacqui Morris
- Play On! Shakespeare in Silent Film for the BFI
- Nineteen Eighty-Four wins South Bank Award… and now available to watch on iPlayer
- “First Light” at the Chichester Festival Theatre
- “A Streetcar Named Desire” transfers to St Ann’s Warehouse, New York