I was composer and sound designer for Othello directed by Daniel Evans which enjoyed a completely sell out run at the Sheffield Crucible September to October 2011, featuring Dominic West and Clarke Peters as Iago and Othello – a pair previously seen together on hit American TV series “The Wire”. To find out more about the production visit the Crucible’s own website here. Some of my soundtrack to the show is available to listen below;
Alex Baranowski is a composer based in London, and a graduate of Paul McCartney’s LIPA.
He was nominated for a Tony award for "The Cripple of Inishmaan" on Broadway (working with Michael Grandage and Martin McDonagh); won a Music + Sound Award for his score to BAFTA nominated film "McCullin"; and his ballet adaption of "1984" for Northern Ballet recently won the prestigious South Bank Award for dance after a sold out run at Sadler’s Wells.
He is presently working on a number of film projects and completing his first album.
- Abbey Road Advert Arranger A Streetcar Named Desire Attacking The Devil BBC Cinema Cinema Trailer Composer Dance Documentary Don McCullin Experimental Film Gillian Anderson Jacqui Morris Jonathan Watkins Kes Music + Sound Awards Online Orchestra Orchestrator Producer Rankin Sheffield Crucible Sound Design Soundtrack String Arranger Theatre Young Vic
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
- Nureyev recording at Abbey Road with the London Metropolitan Orchestra
- “Come Together” directed by Wes Anderson for H&M staring Adrien Brody
- “Radio Jones And His Robot Dad” animated app by Oscar nominated Smith & Foulkes
- Second collaboration with Grammy winning Clean Bandit for M&S
- ATTACKING THE DEVIL wins Grierson Award