I’m presently writing music for The Masque of Anarchy showing at Manchester International Festival from 12th June. Directed by Royal Exchange artistic director Sarah Frankcom and featuring Maxine Peake – it is an atmospheric reading of the poem by Percy Bysshe Shelley about the Peterloo Massacre in Manchester 1819.. performed in the Manchester Albert Hall a few steps from the site of the massacre itself. Excitingly, the pipe organ in the hall has been restored especially for the performances, and it sounds fantastic.For more information on the MIF website click here.
Alex Baranowski is a composer based in London, and a graduate of Paul McCartney’s LIPA.
He was nominated for a Tony award for "The Cripple of Inishmaan" on Broadway (working with Michael Grandage and Martin McDonagh); won a Music + Sound Award for his score to BAFTA nominated film "McCullin"; and his ballet adaption of "1984" for Northern Ballet recently won the prestigious South Bank Award for dance after a sold out run at Sadler’s Wells.
He is presently working on a number of film projects and completing his first album.
- Abbey Road Advert Arranger A Streetcar Named Desire Attacking The Devil BBC Cinema Cinema Trailer Composer Dance Documentary Don McCullin Experimental Film Gillian Anderson Jacqui Morris Jonathan Watkins Kes Music + Sound Awards Online Orchestra Orchestrator Producer Rankin Sheffield Crucible Sound Design Soundtrack String Arranger Theatre Young Vic
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
- Nureyev recording at Abbey Road with the London Metropolitan Orchestra
- “Come Together” directed by Wes Anderson for H&M staring Adrien Brody
- “Radio Jones And His Robot Dad” animated app by Oscar nominated Smith & Foulkes
- Second collaboration with Grammy winning Clean Bandit for M&S
- ATTACKING THE DEVIL wins Grierson Award