Overjoyed to have been nominated for a Tony award for my work on the Cripple of Inishmaan which opened at The Cort Theatre, Broadway earlier this month. I was composer and sound designer on the production which was nominated for six Tony’s – including best director (Michael Grandage), best design (Christopher Oram), best lighting (Paule Constable), best actress (Sarah Greene) and best revival of a play. The awards are on 8th June.
Alex Baranowski is a composer based in London, and a graduate of Paul McCartney’s LIPA.
He was nominated for a Tony award for "The Cripple of Inishmaan" on Broadway (working with Michael Grandage and Martin McDonagh); won a Music + Sound Award for his score to BAFTA nominated film "McCullin"; and his ballet adaption of "1984" for Northern Ballet recently won the prestigious South Bank Award for dance after a sold out run at Sadler’s Wells.
He is presently working on a number of film projects and completing his first album.
- Abbey Road Advert Arranger A Streetcar Named Desire Attacking The Devil BBC Cinema Cinema Trailer Composer Dance Documentary Don McCullin Experimental Film Gillian Anderson Jacqui Morris Jonathan Watkins Kes Music + Sound Awards Online Orchestra Orchestrator Producer Rankin Sheffield Crucible Sound Design Soundtrack String Arranger Theatre Young Vic
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
- Nureyev recording at Abbey Road with the London Metropolitan Orchestra
- “Come Together” directed by Wes Anderson for H&M staring Adrien Brody
- “Radio Jones And His Robot Dad” animated app by Oscar nominated Smith & Foulkes
- Second collaboration with Grammy winning Clean Bandit for M&S
- ATTACKING THE DEVIL wins Grierson Award