It’s been an absolute pleasure working with The xx and BBC Philharmonic Orchestra (conducted by Clark Rundell) along with Radio 1 for The xx Symphony in Bridlington, Yorkshire. Thanks for everyone involved who made it happen – an experience I’ll never forget. I’ve posted some more pictures of the event and rehearsals on my blog here. [update] It’s not available to watch on iPlayer any more although there is a low-res version on Youtube which I’ve linked to on my Listen/Watch page. Hopefully a higher resolution video will surface soon!
Alex Baranowski is a Tony nominated composer and arranger based in Central London.
His diverse work in film, theatre and music has recently led him to collaborate with The xx, the BBC Philharmonic Orchestra, violinist Daniel Hope, and composing for twice BAFTA nominated feature film "McCullin" (for which he won a Music + Sound International Award for Best Feature Film Score at Cannes).
For theatre he has composed for productions at the National Theatre's Olivier, Cottesloe and Lyttelton stages as well as for the West End, Broadway, Donmar, Young Vic, Sheffield Crucible, Royal Court, RSC, Shakespeare's Globe and the Royal Opera House ... working with directors including Michael Grandage, Danny Boyle, Lyndsey Turner, Benedict Andrews, Sir Nicholas Hytner, Rupert Goold, Daniel Evans and Jamie Lloyd.
- Abbey Road Advert Arranger A Streetcar Named Desire BBC Cinema Cinema Trailer Composer Cripple of Inishmaan Dance Documentary Don McCullin Experimental Film Gillian Anderson Jonathan Watkins Kes Online Orchestra Orchestrator Producer Rankin Shakespeare's Globe Sheffield Crucible Sound Design Soundtrack String Arranger Theatre Wieden + Kennedy Young Vic
- Play On! Shakespeare in Silent Film for the BFI
- Nineteen Eighty-Four wins South Bank Award… and now available to watch on iPlayer
- “First Light” at the Chichester Festival Theatre
- “A Streetcar Named Desire” transfers to St Ann’s Warehouse, New York
- Nineteen Eighty-Four performed by Northern Ballet broadcast on BBC 4