It’s been an absolute pleasure working with The xx and BBC Philharmonic Orchestra (conducted by Clark Rundell) along with Radio 1 for The xx Symphony in Bridlington, Yorkshire. Thanks for everyone involved who made it happen – an experience I’ll never forget. I’ve posted some more pictures of the event and rehearsals on my blog here. [update] It’s not available to watch on iPlayer any more although there is a low-res version on Youtube which I’ve linked to on my Listen/Watch page. Hopefully a higher resolution video will surface soon!
Alex Baranowski is a composer based in London, and a graduate of Paul McCartney’s LIPA.
He was nominated for a Tony award for "The Cripple of Inishmaan" on Broadway (working with Michael Grandage and Martin McDonagh); won a Music + Sound Award for his score to BAFTA nominated film "McCullin"; and his ballet adaption of "1984" for Northern Ballet recently won the prestigious South Bank Award for dance after a sold out run at Sadler’s Wells.
He is presently working on a number of film projects and completing his first album.
- Abbey Road Advert Arranger A Streetcar Named Desire BBC Cinema Cinema Trailer Composer Cripple of Inishmaan Dance Documentary Don McCullin Experimental Film Gillian Anderson Jacqui Morris Jonathan Watkins Kes Online Orchestra Orchestrator Producer Rankin Sheffield Crucible Sound Design Soundtrack String Arranger Theatre Wieden + Kennedy Young Vic
- “Radio Jones And His Robot Dad” animated app by Oscar nominated Smith & Foulkes
- “Come Together” directed by Wes Anderson for H&M staring Adrien Brody
- Second collaboration with Grammy winning Clean Bandit for M&S
- ATTACKING THE DEVIL wins Grierson Award
- Nureyev feature film directed by BAFTA nominated Jacqui Morris