Rehearsals have just started for The Dance of Death opening at London’s Trafalgar Studios on the 13th December as part of the Donmar’s Trafalgar season. In a new version of August Strindberg’s play by Conor McPherson, the play is directed by Titas Halder, with the cast including Kevin McNally and Indira Varma. I’m so pleased to be back for the season after last year’s success of the Olivier nominated Salt, Root and Roe (for outstanding achievement in an affiliate theatre).
Alex Baranowski is a composer based in London, and a graduate of Paul McCartney’s LIPA.
He was nominated for a Tony award for "The Cripple of Inishmaan" on Broadway (working with Michael Grandage and Martin McDonagh); won a Music + Sound Award for his score to BAFTA nominated film "McCullin"; and his ballet adaption of "1984" for Northern Ballet recently won the prestigious South Bank Award for dance after a sold out run at Sadler’s Wells.
He is presently working on a number of film projects and completing his first album.
- Abbey Road Advert Arranger A Streetcar Named Desire BBC Cinema Cinema Trailer Composer Cripple of Inishmaan Dance Documentary Don McCullin Experimental Film Gillian Anderson Jacqui Morris Jonathan Watkins Kes Online Orchestra Orchestrator Producer Rankin Sheffield Crucible Sound Design Soundtrack String Arranger Theatre Wieden + Kennedy Young Vic
- “Radio Jones And His Robot Dad” animated app by Oscar nominated Smith & Foulkes
- “Come Together” directed by Wes Anderson for H&M staring Adrien Brody
- Second collaboration with Grammy winning Clean Bandit for M&S
- ATTACKING THE DEVIL wins Grierson Award
- Nureyev feature film directed by BAFTA nominated Jacqui Morris